We all dream of creating our ideal home – a space that’s unique to us and reflects who we are. Most of us start out with an idea on what types of features we’re looking for in our architectural designs. We often also have a figure in mind of what we’d ideally like to spend. But how do we know the 2 things actually match? How can we check if our plans are affordable? And how do we check that our builders’ quotes are 100% comprehensive, accurate and competitive?
This is where the skills and experience of our Quantity Surveying team come in.
By carefully examining the finer details of your architectural plans and specifications, our team will put together a line by line analysis of the anticipated costs of materials and labour of your building project – from digging foundations to laying roof tiles, from the structural steels to fitting your new kitchen or redecorating.
We’ll compile all of this information in a report that’s clear and easy to understand. The report will create a personal budget for your project, with costs detailed by area. It will also highlight any risk areas and suggest suitable contingency figures. That way, you’ll have a realistic idea of just how much your extension and remodelling works will cost.
Having a budget to work to is critical to controlling your project costs.
- It will give you a checklist to help ensure that all costs for the build have been allowed for, including suitable contingencies
- It could help enable you to refine your designs to fit your budget, if necessary.
- It can help you to determine the figures you need to work to for more discretionary elements such as sanitary-ware, kitchens or fitted wardrobes.
- It will give you a useful benchmark to assess the builders’ quotes or tender returns
- It can give you a lever for negotiations with contractors
- It will help make sure you stay in control of your building budget from the outset to completion – which means it’s one of the most important elements of a successful building project.
If you’re planning your own building project then why not get in touch and find out how we can help you? Call 01923 896550 today.