What We Do
Construction Project Manager Services
CLPM provide more than just construction project manager services.
Unlike our competitors, we can offer you all the construction expertise you need to successfully deliver your building project – from the initial design stages to completion – together, under one roof.
It’s as easy as 123!
STAGE 1 – Pre-Construction Phase
- Design Reviews – we can check your architectural plans and specifications to ensure they are complete, comprehensive and consistent.
- Energy Efficiency Reviews and Solutions – many clients now ask for us to suggest how they might make improvements to their plans beyond those required by current building regulations. We can help inform your decisions on a variety of elements such as methods of construction, levels of air-tightness and insulation, glazing specifications, heating and mechanical heat recovery systems etc.
- Heating System Reviews and Solutions – whether you are extending, renovating or building a new home we can help you understand what options are most suitable for your hot water requirements and for heating your home. We’re experts on all systems including the latest technologies and the advice we give will always be 100% independent.
- Cost Estimating and Engineering – using your designs and specifications, our cost experts can give you a detailed line by line estimate of what it will cost to build your project, and help advise on how best to reduce this if required.
- Competitive Tendering – our experienced QS team can prepare all the documentation required to carry out a competitive tender. We’ll manage the entire process for you, and then check and analyse the returns before helping you select your contractor.
- Contractor Appointment – once a contractor has been selected, we can then manage their appointment and prepare the JCT building contracts for you.
STAGE 2 – Construction Phase
- Team Approach – we offer a range of construction phase services, delivered by our highly experienced field-based project managers with support from our head-office-based QS team.
- Full Project Management – here the project manager directs and schedules the individual tradespeople (rather than a main contractor) whilst giving you guidance and support for materials procurement. This trade by trade approach is typically used by self-builders who have a hands-on involvement with their project.
- Contract Administration – if a main contractor is appointed, we can act as your Contract Administrator. This is the standard approach for most building projects. In this case the builder schedules and manages the build team and procurement. Our role is legally defined, and is more one of a facilitator of the building contract. Here we monitor the progress and quality of the builder’s work, and highlight any issues. We check and assess the invoices, and challenge and record any cost or completion date variations.
- Tailored to your needs – ours is a personal service; you decide the level and nature of the on-site support you need, and we will support you accordingly.
STAGE 3 – Post-Construction Phase
- Snagging – once the project is completed, your project manager will organise the completion of any snaggings required in the defects period.
- Final Accounts – our QS team will work with your project manager to help oversee the release of retention figures and calculate the final accounts.
- Certificates – we will also organise the certifications for you.
3 Reasons to Choose CLPM
1. 100% INDEPENDENT OF BUILDERS, HIGHLY QUALIFIED PROJECT MANAGERS
2. HIGHLY EXPERIENCED, RICS PROFESSIONAL QUANTITY SURVEYORS
3. INDEPENDENT ENERGY EFFICIENCY, RENEWABLES & HEATING SYSTEM EXPERTS
Get in touch
At CLPM we always aim to deliver a bespoke service, tailored to the individual situation of our clients. If you are looking for a construction project manager or are in need of advice and support with a building project we’d welcome the opportunity to have a chat.