10 Good Reasons to Extend Your House
Why go through all the heartache of moving house when you can unlock the real value of the home you already live in? Extending has become the new moving and here are the top 10 reasons why.
1. Financially it will probably make more sense to extend your house than move home, as you do not incur the stamp duty, estate agents fees, and other moving costs. The money you spend can be seen in your new living space.
2. Space this is the number one reason that people chose to extend, they simply feel that they lack the space in their home to enjoy the lifestyle they want.
3. To spend more time together in your home, many families lack a nice space to relax together or dine together and a home extension can really give them the beautiful space to be together in.
4. Many home owners are simply proud of all the hard work and they want to extend their homes to give them that ?wow factor?, modern and contemporary home extensions really do set your home apart from your friends and neighbors.
5. Property development or adding value, some properties are simply crying out for a home extension. If you look at the rear of some streets you will notice that most of the home in the street have had an extension. There is just some housing stock that was not built to suite modern living, and really benefits from a home extension.
6. Is your family getting bigger? It may be a new baby or an older relative coming to stay and you might have decided that more space and a downstairs toilet would improve your lifestyle.
7. Have you received a lump sum of money and you want to make sure you spend it wisely a home extension will be there more many years when a new car or holiday will be long forgotten.
8. Are you starting or running a business from home and you need new space for a home office.
9. Football, golf, or motor sport? Do you find that your family is in conflict over the control for the T.V. with another room you could set it up as a snug or T.V. room and you could recline in comfort watching your favorite T.V. sport, or films safe in the knowledge you have complete control of the T.V. control.
10. Do you want to enjoy open plan living? Why not add a home extension and then remove the original external wall and open your home up into your new extension. This will really give your home that contemporary feel and give you extra space you need.
Whatever the reason, it is imperative to decide exactly why you want enter the world of extension before starting your journey. Vital decisions need to be made, clear goals set and budgets determined. In-depth research and professional advice are vital to assist this process, so get in touch and find out how we can help you.