CLPM are recruiting a dynamic, proactive MRICS or FRICS Quantity Surveying professional, looking to use their management experience within an ambitious, expanding company.
Already a well-established cost and construction project management consultancy (and due to continued success in the high end residential and bespoke development commercial marketplace), CLPM are at a growth stage and looking to add to their senior management team.
Working with our team of Directors, you will be managing an existing commercial team who are responsible for both the procurement and cost management process of construction projects valued £200k – £10 million. Based in our rural HQ in South-West Hertfordshire, you’ll enjoy contributing in a flat structured, open culture that highly values its’ team and believes in a healthy work-life balance.
An experienced professional, you will have managed both internal teams, the relationships with external suppliers & clients, the valuation & payment process with clients and subcontractors and be used to supporting a team with any JCT contractual matters. You’ll also be able to demonstrate management and improvement of processes within your current or previous roles.
• Capable of managing others alongside an individual workload – current team consists of 1 intermediate experienced QS and 3 experienced QS’s
• Early identification of commercial risk and the ability to produce a robust mitigation strategy
• Report to Director level with departmental P&L responsibility
• Provide and monitor departmental cashflow projections & commercial information for monthly management reports
• Ensure the contract procurement, valuation and final account processes are being administered in a timely & effective manner & review contract agreements
• Manage the resolution of contractual disputes
• Ensure that the projects adhere to the financial rules of reporting
• Undertake appraisals and make recommendations to Director level regarding staffing
• Ensure the Company Health and Safety safe working practices are observed at all times and comply with all company policies.
The role requires MRICS or FRICS qualification & previous senior level experience as a Quantity Surveyor in a consultancy or with a main contractor. We will look for demonstrable experience of team management with P&L accountability, strong commercial awareness and a focus on results. It is expected that you will have appropriate technical, legal and commercial knowledge (strong knowledge of JCT suite of contracts) and ideally experience of acting in a Bank Monitoring Surveyor capacity
We’re keen to meet the right person so please either call Nicky Bryden on 01923 896550 for an informal discussion or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.