Events and Career Opportunities
As a leading construction project management company covering London and the South of England, we’re often out and about meeting and talking with other industry specialists as well as potential clients.
We present at training courses at the NSBRC in Swindon, and give talks at, and support their weekend shows.
Here’s what we have planned over the coming months. Why not come along and have a chat?
Meet CLPM at the NSBRC
We attend most events at the National Self Build and Renovation Centre in Swindon. We are often asked to present at the presentations and workshops, and usually have one of our staff there on each day of the shows. If you’re a self builder interested in building a new home, or planning to carry out a major building project on your existing home, then this is a useful place to gather lots of practical information. The next show is the NSBRC Self Build and Renovation Show, which runs from Saturday 25th and 26th July 2020.
Meet CLPM at Build It Live and Grand Designs Live
As a UK leading construction project management company, CLPM attend the Build It Live! shows as their project management experts.
We also present at their project management seminars.
CLPM also attend Grand Designs Live in the Ask an Expert area as construction project management experts. The next shows are at London ExCeL from 22nd to 31st August 2020.
Why not book a slot to discuss your building plans with us?
As a successful, growing construction project management company we’re always interested in recruiting the best construction project managers, quantity surveyors and energy efficiency experts. If you’re ambitious, enjoy a challenge and think you’ve got the personal and organisational skills to succeed at CLPM then why not get in touch? Send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancy for Digital Marketing & Content Marketing Associate
If you’re a creative, enthusiastic team player who builds great relationships with people and is passionate about property, this could be the job for you. You’ll have a minimum of two years Digital and / or Social Media Marketing experience gained either through work or via study with an internship. You’ll be looking for a varied and challenging role where no two days are the same.
- At least two years digital, content and / or social media marketing, ideally in a professional services environment
- Strong knowledge of most social media platforms
- The ability to create & write interesting content (articles, blog posts, Facebook & Twitter postings)
- Experience of Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor or similar digital marketing comms platform
- Excellent attention to detail
- Well organised
- Strong written communication skills
- UK driving licence
- Analysis of data via Google Analytics
If you thrive in an environment of taking on a wide variety of tasks, you’ll enjoy this role which incorporates traditional digital and marketing activities. Reporting to our Business Development Director you will be asked to:
- Continue our well-structured content marketing strategy
- Research suitable keywords and build a content strategy around them
- Research & write engaging blog articles for our website and edit content, always ensuring SEO is at the forefront of our content
- Analyse Google Analytics to check on the performance of our digital marketing activities
- Utilise Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram for business to increase brand awareness and as part of our SEO strategy
- Research and advise on the use of video / Youtube for the spreading the CLPM brand
- Help strengthen our strategy for email marketing, including email automations
- Create email newsletters for both business and consumer clients using MailChimp, Campaign Monitor or a similar marketing communications platform
- Assist with collating data for e-shots and possibly direct mail campaigns
- Organise and manage contact with existing clients including mid-project check-in and post project feedback sessions and liaising with an external photographer to organise post project photoshoots
- Research and collate data for specific marketing campaigns for targeted audiences, possibly including planning information from local council websites and researching B2B opportunities in targeted geographical areas
- Work with an external designer for campaign artwork
- Working with our media partners at Grand Designs, BuildIT and the NSBRC and assisting with collation of marketing materials for exhibitions or events
- When required to do so, attending exhibitions and events
- Conduct competitor research on social media (eg Facebook, Twitter etc) to see how similar organisations use social media for business purposes, help research and implement relevant changes to our own social media strategy.
Based in our HQ situated in beautiful rural surroundings, you will need to drive / have your own vehicle as we are not close to public transport.
This role attracts a salary of between £20k – £23k dependent upon experience as well a pension contribution in line with current government guidelines. CLPM also offer a generous 25 days annual holiday (which includes 3 or 4 days to cover the company Christmas closure).
Hours & Conditions:
Standard working hours will be 8.30am – 5.30pm Mon to Thurs and 8.30am to 4.30pm on Fri with a 1 hour daily lunch break.
As supplier meetings may require time to be worked in evenings or weekends, time will be given off in lieu.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Vacancies for Construction Project Managers
CLPM are a growing company, and we are currently looking to recruit additional construction project managers to join our team. We’re interested in hearing from project management professionals who can help support our clients in areas including Suffolk, Norfolk, Hampshire, Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire.
Essential Skills – Personal:-
- Driver with no more than 3 penalty points / own car
- Able to cover project sites within a defined geographic location
- Health & Safety on site awareness
- Experience of liaising with local Planning Authorities
- Experience of managing projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Good attention to detail, well organised
- Strong communication skills with a good ability on the phone
- Strong written English ability and a high level of numeracy
- Ability to build strong business relationships with clients, suppliers and trades
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Must have flexibility to work outside of normal working hours if required to do so (some client meetings are evenings or weekends)
Essential Skills – Technical:-
- Engineering, quantity or building surveying, architectural or construction background
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Ability to write project programmes
- Ability to write tender documentation (finishes schedules and scope of works)
- Project or site based experience (residential or commercial building)
- Familiarity with project scheduling
- IT literacy – Excel & Word
- CAD, technical drawing or drawing software skills (eg Google SketchUp)
- Work on specific residential sector properties eg luxury residential, special needs adapted, sustainable technology builds
- Experience of project values to £1 million
- Previous experience of Contract Administration
- Familiarity with JCT family of construction contracts or similar (NEC / FMB)
- MS Project
- Some ability in photography
- CSCS card
- Membership of a construction profession related association (eg CIOB, RICS etc)
Personal Attributes :-
- Team player
- Commitment to the highest levels of customer service
- Pursues excellence
- Committed to project delivery
- Strong ability to communicate with clients, colleagues and business associates.
This role requires the ability to perform a wide range of diverse project tasks. Based from home, you will be expected to visit client sites for weekly progress inspections and attend the office in Rickmansworth as and when required to do so.
Specific jobs tasks will include :-
- Attend design stage Client meetings to discuss design detail of project and agreeing specification
- Completing, submitting and / or clearing Planning and Building regulations applications where required
- In conjunction with the commercial team and or client / designer prepare documentation for competitive tender including Scope of Works and Finishes Schedules
- In conjunction with the commercial team identifying, auditing and reference checking appropriate potential trade and specialist suppliers to the project
- Compiling and presentation of pricing for Client
- Visits to Client site for weekly meetings, progress inspections and valuations
- Collation and resolution of queries from Client and parties appointed to the project
- Production of weekly project reports (including photographing weekly build changes)
- Researching products / building technologies online
Hours & Conditions
Standard working hours will be 8am – 5.00pm Mon to Fri with a 1 hour daily lunch break.
As client or supplier meetings may require time to be worked in evenings or weekends, time will be given off in lieu.
Probationary period : 6 months – during this time either party may give 2 weeks notice. After the applicant has successfully completed their probationary period, the notice period required rises to 1 month.
Holiday : 25 days holiday (plus all statutory public holidays) per year are offered. Depending upon how the Christmas holiday falls, several days must be utilised for closure between Christmas and New Year.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in touch
At CLPM we always aim to deliver a bespoke service, tailored to the individual situation of our clients. If you are looking for a construction project management company to give you advice and support with your building project we’d welcome the opportunity to have a chat.