Events and Career Opportunities
Construction project Management company
As a leading construction project management company covering London and the South of England, we’re often out and about meeting and talking with other industry specialists and potential clients.
We attend Grand Designs Live and Build It Live as their building project management experts. We give talks on the best way to keep your building project on schedule or project manage your self-build at places like the National Self Build & Renovation Centre in Swindon. We lecture at workshops on building sustainability into your construction project designs, green energy and renewables, energy efficiency and how to cut your home’s future running costs. We’re also frequently asked to give construction cost advice on topics such as how to control your building project spend and cut construction costs.
Here’s details of what we have planned over the coming months. Why not come along and meet us for a chat? :
Meet CLPM at the NSBRC
CLPM attend most events at the National Self Build and Renovation Centre in Swindon. We often present at the presentations and workshops and usually have one of our staff there on each day of the shows.
If you’re a self builder interested in building a new home, or planning to carry out a major building project on your existing home, then this is a useful place to gather lots of practical information.
The next show is the Self Build and Renovation Show which runs from January 25th to 27th 2019. We hope to see you there!
CLPM Project Management Experts at Build It Live
As a UK leading construction project management company, CLPM attend all three regional Build It Live! shows as their project management experts. We also present at their Project Management Seminars. The dates for 2019 are South East on 9th -10th February at Kent Event Centre, North West on 23rd – 24th February at Event City Manchester and South Central at Bicester on 8th – 9th June 2019. If you’re planning a self build then check out the Build It Live website and pop the dates in your diary. We hope to meet you there!
CLPM Experts at Ideal Home Show
The Ideal Home Show at London Olympia is a great day out, and there’s plenty to do and see for the whole family.
If you’re planning a building project it’s a useful day out too with hundreds of displays and lots of different suppliers to meet and talk to. We were there in March this year and are hoping to be there again next year – we’ll confirm details nearer the time but it’s worth putting in your diary now. The Ideal Home Show runs from 22nd March to 7th April 2019.
CLPM Project Management Experts at Grand Designs Live
Visiting Grand Designs Live, is an opportunity to see all the latest trends for the home. Based on the Channel 4 TV series presented by Kevin McCloud, Grand Designs Live has hundreds of exhibitors, and will give you plenty of ideas and inspiration for your very own Grand Design.
CLPM have attended Grand Designs Live in the Ask an Expert area as construction project management experts for several years now. We really enjoy meeting the dozens of self builders and homeowners who book a slot to chat with us.
The next show is at London Excel from 4th to 12th May. There is also a show at Birmingham NEC from 9th to 13th October. Tickets are on sale now from their website and we hope to see you there!
As a successful, growing construction project management company we’re always interested in recruiting the best construction project managers, quantity surveyors and energy efficiency experts. If you’re ambitious, enjoy a challenge and think you’ve got the personal and organisational skills to succeed at CLPM then why not get in touch? Send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Vacancies for Construction Project Managers
CLPM are a growing company, and we are currently looking to recruit additional construction project managers to join our team. We’re interested in hearing from project management professionals who can help support our clients in areas including Suffolk, Norfolk, Hampshire, Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire.
Essential Skills – Personal:-
- Driver with no more than 3 penalty points / own car
- Able to cover project sites within a defined geographic location
- Health & Safety on site awareness
- Experience of liaising with local Planning Authorities
- Experience of managing projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Good attention to detail, well organised
- Strong communication skills with a good ability on the phone
- Strong written English ability and a high level of numeracy
- Ability to build strong business relationships with clients, suppliers and trades
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Must have flexibility to work outside of normal working hours if required to do so (some client meetings are evenings or weekends)
Essential Skills – Technical:-
- Engineering, quantity or building surveying, architectural or construction background
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Ability to write project programmes
- Ability to write tender documentation (finishes schedules and scope of works)
- Project or site based experience (residential or commercial building)
- Familiarity with project scheduling
- IT literacy – Excel & Word
- CAD, technical drawing or drawing software skills (eg Google SketchUp)
- Work on specific residential sector properties eg luxury residential, special needs adapted, sustainable technology builds
- Experience of project values to £1 million
- Previous experience of Contract Administration
- Familiarity with JCT family of construction contracts or similar (NEC / FMB)
- MS Project
- Some ability in photography
- CSCS card
- Membership of a construction profession related association (eg CIOB, RICS etc)
Personal Attributes :-
- Team player
- Commitment to the highest levels of customer service
- Pursues excellence
- Committed to project delivery
- Strong ability to communicate with clients, colleagues and business associates.
This role requires the ability to perform a wide range of diverse project tasks. Based from home, you will be expected to visit client sites for weekly progress inspections and attend the office in Rickmansworth as and when required to do so.
Specific jobs tasks will include :-
- Attend design stage Client meetings to discuss design detail of project and agreeing specification
- Completing, submitting and / or clearing Planning and Building regulations applications where required
- In conjunction with the commercial team and or client / designer prepare documentation for competitive tender including Scope of Works and Finishes Schedules
- In conjunction with the commercial team identifying, auditing and reference checking appropriate potential trade and specialist suppliers to the project
- Compiling and presentation of pricing for Client
- Visits to Client site for weekly meetings, progress inspections and valuations
- Collation and resolution of queries from Client and parties appointed to the project
- Production of weekly project reports (including photographing weekly build changes)
- Researching products / building technologies online
Hours & Conditions
Standard working hours will be 8am – 5.00pm Mon to Fri with a 1 hour daily lunch break.
As client or supplier meetings may require time to be worked in evenings or weekends, time will be given off in lieu.
Probationary period : 6 months – during this time either party may give 2 weeks notice. After the applicant has successfully completed their probationary period, the notice period required rises to 1 month.
Holiday : 25 days holiday (plus all statutory public holidays) per year are offered. Depending upon how the Christmas holiday falls, several days must be utilised for closure between Christmas and New Year.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in touch
At CLPM we always aim to deliver a bespoke service, tailored to the individual situation of our clients. If you are looking for a construction project management company to give you advice and support with your building project we’d welcome the opportunity to have a chat.