Events and Career Opportunities
As a leading construction project management company covering London and the South of England, we’re often out and about meeting and talking with other industry specialists as well as potential clients.
We present at training courses at the NSBRC in Swindon, and give talks at, and support their weekend shows.
Here’s what we have planned over the coming months. Why not come along and have a chat?
Meet CLPM at the NSBRC
We attend most events at the National Self Build and Renovation Centre in Swindon. We are often asked to present at the presentations and workshops, and usually have one of our staff there on each day of the shows.
If you’re a self builder interested in building a new home, or planning to carry out a major building project on your existing home, then this is a useful place to gather lots of practical information.
Meet CLPM at Build It Live and Grand Designs Live
As a UK leading construction project management company, CLPM attend the Build It Live! shows as their project management experts. We also present at their project management seminars.
CLPM also attend Grand Designs Live in the Ask an Expert area as construction project management experts.
As a successful, growing construction project management company we’re always interested in recruiting the best construction project managers, quantity surveyors and energy efficiency experts. If you’re ambitious, enjoy a challenge and think you’ve got the personal and organisational skills to succeed at CLPM then why not get in touch? Send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Vacancies for Construction Project Managers
CLPM Limited are a multi-disciplinary construction project consultancy, providing a range of cost, site delivery and energy services. Our client base are predominately property owners who are undertaking significant re-development in their domestic or commercial premises. CLPM bring the principals and processes that are used in large scale construction to projects ranging between £50,000 to £10 million.
• Driver with no more than 3 penalty points / own car
• Able to cover project sites within a defined geographic location
• Health & Safety on site awareness
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience of managing residential or commercial construction projects involving multiple stakeholders likely to be gained via either a construction or building surveying consultancy or house builder / developer in a Contract Administration, Employers Agent, project management or building surveying, or site manager / site foreman role
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills – confident in working with stakeholders in virtual situations as well as face to face
• Technical competence with tools such as MS Teams and Zoom
• Experience of liaising with local Planning Authorities
• Strong attention to detail
• Highly organised
• Strong written English ability
• High level of numeracy
• Ability to build strong business relationships with clients, suppliers and trades
• Ability to work to strict deadlines
• Must have flexibility to work outside of normal working hours if required to do so (some client meetings are evenings or weekends)
• Construction, engineering, quantity or building surveying or architectural background
• Previous experience working in Contract Administration, Employers Agent or site support role
• Familiarity with JCT family of construction contracts or similar (NEC / FMB)
• Ability to read technical drawings
• Experience of writing project programmes
• Ability to write some tender documentation (eg. finishes schedules or scope of works)
• Project or site-based experience (residential or commercial building)
• IT literacy – Excel, Word, MS Teams
• Work within specific residential sector properties eg luxury residential, special needs adapted, sustainable / eco builds
• Experience of residential construction project values to £1 million
• MS Project
• CSCS card
• Membership of a construction profession related association (eg CIOB, RICS etc)
• Team player
• Proactive problem solver
• Commitment to the highest levels of customer service
• Pursues excellence
• Committed to on-time project delivery
• Strong ability to communicate with clients, colleagues and business associates.
This role requires the ability to perform a wide range of diverse project tasks. Based from home, you will be expected to visit client sites for progress inspections and attend the office as and when required to do so. You may also be supporting clients using virtual tools including zoom or MS Teams. Specific jobs tasks will include:
• Attend design stage Client meetings to discuss design detail of project and agreeing specification
• Completing, submitting and / or clearing Planning and Building regulations applications where required
• Writing and updating project programmes where required
• Visits to Client site for weekly, fortnightly or monthly meetings, progress inspections and valuations either in the capacity of Contract Administrator, Employers Agent or Project Manager
• Collation and resolution of queries from Client and parties appointed to the project
• Production of project reports & meeting minutes (including photographing and uploading build changes)
Hours & Conditions
Standard working hours will be 8am – 5.30pm Mon to Thurs and 8am to 4.30pm Fri ith a 1 hour daily lunch break. As client or supplier meetings may require time to be worked in evenings or weekends, time will be given off in lieu.
Probationary Period: 6 months – during this time either party may give 1 weeks notice. After the applicant has successfully completed their probationary period, the notice period required rises to 1 month.
Holiday : 25 days holiday (plus all statutory public holidays) per year are offered. Depending upon how the Christmas holiday falls, several days must be utilised for closure between Christmas and New Year.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in touch
At CLPM we always aim to deliver a bespoke service, tailored to the individual situation of our clients. If you are looking for a construction project management company to give you advice and support with your building project we’d welcome the opportunity to have a chat.