Construction Project Management Company
Construction project Management company
As a construction project management company covering London and the South of England, we’re often out and about meeting and talking with other industry specialists and potential clients.
We attend Grand Designs Live and Build It Live as project management experts. We give talks on the best way to keep your building project on schedule or project manage your self-build at places like the National Self Build & Renovation Centre in Swindon. We lecture at workshops on building sustainability into your construction designs, green energy and renewables, energy efficiency and how to cut your home’s future running costs. We’re also frequently asked to give construction cost advice on topics such as how to control your building project spend and cut construction costs.
Here’s details of what we have planned over the coming months. Why not come along and meet us for a chat? :
CLPM Project Management Experts at Build It Live
As a UK leading construction project management company, CLPM attended two Build It Live! shows this February as construction project management experts. James and Charlie went to the Kent Event Centre on February 4th and 5th and Manchester Event City on February 18th and 19th.
The next Build It Live show on our diary is June 10th and 11th at Bicester Heritage in Oxfordshire. If you’re planning a self build then grab your plans – we hope to see you there!
CLPM Project Management Experts at the NSBRC
May is a very busy month for the CLPM team. We’re attending the National Self Build and Renovation Show at the NSBRC in Swindon on May 19th to 21st. James will be there on Friday, Karim on Saturday and Rob on Sunday. They’ll be helping give expert advice to event-goers and will also be on the panel of the self build question time, which is held at 1pm in the Sovereign Theatre on each day.
CLPM at Grand Designs Live at London ExCeL
It was great to meet so many would-be self-builders and renovators this May at Grand Designs Live. We enjoyed talking through their plans and helping by offering our advice on construction costs, project management and energy efficiency issues.
As well as being in the Ask The Experts Arena, Our MD James Bryden also took part in the Top Tips session in the Grand Theatre.
The next Grand Designs Show CLPM will be attending as Project Management Experts is at the NEC 11th to 15th October 2017.
If you’re planning your own Grand Design then why not come along – we look forward to meeting you there!
As a successful, growing construction project management company we’re always interested in recruiting the best construction project managers, quantity surveyors and energy efficiency experts. If you’re ambitious, enjoy a challenge and think you’ve got the personal and organisational skills to succeed at CLPM then why not get in touch? Send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Associate Project Manager
Essential Personal Skills
- Driver with no more than 3 penalty points / own car and able to cover project sites within a defined geographic location with health & Safety on-site awareness
- Good attention to detail, well organised with strong communication skills, a good ability on the phone with strong written English ability
- High level of numeracy, ability to work to strict deadlines and potential to build strong business relationships with clients, suppliers and trades
- Must have flexibility to work outside of normal working hours if required to do so (some client meetings are evenings or weekends)
Essential Technical Skills
- Engineering, quantity or building surveying, architectural, construction or real estate background
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Ideally some project or site based experience (residential or commercial building)
- IT literacy – Excel & Word
Desirable Technical Skills
- CAD, technical drawing or drawing software skills (eg Google SketchUp)
- Work on specific residential sector properties eg luxury residential, special needs adapted, sustainable technology builds
- Some knowledge of JCT family of construction contracts or similar (NEC / FMB)
- Experience of liaising with local Planning Authorities
- Experience of working on projects involving multiple stakeholders
- MS Project or similar PM tool
- Membership of a construction profession related association (eg CIOB, RICS etc)
- Team player with commitment to the highest levels of customer service
- Pursues excellence and committed to project delivery
- Strong ability to communicate with clients, colleagues and business associates.
This role requires the ability to perform a wide range of diverse project related tasks. The role will primarily be based from your home location and you will be working in a support capacity to a senior field based project manager, visiting client sites for weekly progress inspections. Specific jobs tasks will include :
- Visits to Client site for weekly meetings, progress inspections and valuations
- Collation and resolution of queries from Client and parties appointed to the project
- Production of weekly project reports (including photographing weekly build changes)
- Supporting the senior project manager in whatever tasks are required
- Updating the CLPM online project management tools and feeding pertinent information back to the office based team
- Attending the offices based in Hertfordshire as and when required to do so
- Researching products / building technologies online
Hours and Conditions
Standard working hours will be 8.30am – 5.30pm Mon to Thurs and 8.30am – 4.30pm Fri with a 1 hour daily lunch break. As client or supplier meetings may require time to be worked in evenings or weekends, time will be given off in lieu.
6 months – during this time either party may give 1 weeks notice. After the applicant has successfully completed their probationary period, the notice period required rises to 1 month.
25 days holiday (plus all statutory public holidays) per year are offered. Depending upon how the Christmas holiday falls, several days must be utilised for closure between Christmas and New Year.
Salary will be based on experience but likely to start in the region of £20k – £22k. All fuel expenses are paid for at the HMRC rate of £0.45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles of travel per year.
March 22nd 2017
Get in touch
At CLPM we always aim to deliver a bespoke service, tailored to the individual situation of our clients. If you are looking for a construction project management company to give you advice and support with your building project we’d welcome the opportunity to have a chat.