Events and Career Opportunities
Construction project Management company
As a construction project management company covering London and the South of England, we’re often out and about meeting and talking with other industry specialists and potential clients.
We attend Grand Designs Live and Build It Live as project management experts. We give talks on the best way to keep your building project on schedule or project manage your self-build at places like the National Self Build & Renovation Centre in Swindon. We lecture at workshops on building sustainability into your construction designs, green energy and renewables, energy efficiency and how to cut your home’s future running costs. We’re also frequently asked to give construction cost advice on topics such as how to control your building project spend and cut construction costs.
Here’s details of what we have planned over the coming months. Why not come along and meet us for a chat? :
Meet CLPM at the NSBRC’s National Self Build & Renovation Show
CLPM will be attending the next National Self Build and Renovation Show at the NSBRC in Swindon on Friday 11th, Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th May 2018. If you’re a self builder interested in building a new home, or planning to carry out a major building project on your existing home, then this is a useful place to gather information. Members of the CLPM team will be there at the show offering free advice – we hope to see you there!
CLPM Project Management Experts at Build It Live
As a UK leading construction project management company, CLPM attend all three regional Build It Live! shows as their project management experts. The show is on June 9th and 10th at the Bicester Heritage Event Centre in Oxfordshire. If you’re planning a self build then check out their website builditlive.co.uk and pop the dates in your diary. We hope to meet you there!
CLPM Experts at Ideal Home Show
The Ideal Home Show at London Olympia is a great day out and there’s plenty to do and see for the whole family. If you’re planning a building project it’s a useful day out too with hundreds of displays and lots of different suppliers to meet and talk to. You can meet us there too later this month! We’re manning the experts desks on 3 days – 22nd, 23rd and 24th March and James, Alistair and Louis are all attending. You can find us within the Architecture & Planning section of the Renovation Advice area. If you’re interested in free advice for your project then you can book a slot now.
CLPM Project Management Experts at Grand Designs Live
Visiting Grand Designs Live, is an opportunity to see all the latest trends for the home. Based on the Channel 4 TV series presented by Kevin McCloud, Grand Designs Live has hundreds of exhibitors, and will give you plenty of ideas and inspiration for your very own Grand Design.
CLPM have attended Grand Designs Live in the Ask an Expert area as construction project management experts for several years now, and we really enjoy meeting the dozens of self builders and homeowners who book a slot to chat with us.
The next shows are at London’s Excel from the 5th to 13th May and from the 10th to 14th October at Birmingham’s NEC. Tickets are already on sale and we hope to see you there!
As a successful, growing construction project management company we’re always interested in recruiting the best construction project managers, quantity surveyors and energy efficiency experts. If you’re ambitious, enjoy a challenge and think you’ve got the personal and organisational skills to succeed at CLPM then why not get in touch? Send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Vacancy for a Construction Project Planner
Working in a busy environment, the essence of this role is to provide administrative support to the project management and management teams in a document control position. The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing the current document control process and where necessary, introduce changes to ensure that the systems in place are robust and run effectively. It is also anticipated that the role will include developing and monitoring quality and process systems to enable continued business growth.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a document control position in a construction environment for a construction consultancy, residential house builder, developer or large building firm. It is essential that candidates have a strong site administration and construction background to be shortlisted for the role, as limited training is provided, and he or she will need to hit the ground running.
Essential Experience / Skills
- Previous experience working on site or in a project office.
- Document control in a construction environment.
- Experience using various EDMS systems
- IT literacy – Excel, Word, PowerPoint and ideally MS Project
- Excellent attention to detail and production of accurate work.
- Ability to communicate clearly on the phone.
- Strong written English and numerical ability.
- Strong team player – ability to develop and nurture internal and external relationships.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas proactively in a way which is received positively, both verbally and in writing.
- Willingness to shares knowledge with others.
- Manages time effectively.
Desirable Experience / Skills
- Developing and monitoring quality and process MS Project or similar
- UK / EU Driving Licence
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancies for Construction Project Managers
CLPM are a growing company, and we are currently looking to recruit additional construction project managers to join our team. We’re interested in hearing from project management professionals who can help support our clients in areas including Suffolk, Norfolk, Hampshire, Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire.
Essential Skills – Personal:-
- Driver with no more than 3 penalty points / own car
- Able to cover project sites within a defined geographic location
- Health & Safety on site awareness
- Experience of liaising with local Planning Authorities
- Experience of managing projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Good attention to detail, well organised
- Strong communication skills with a good ability on the phone
- Strong written English ability and a high level of numeracy
- Ability to build strong business relationships with clients, suppliers and trades
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Must have flexibility to work outside of normal working hours if required to do so (some client meetings are evenings or weekends)
Essential Skills – Technical:-
- Engineering, quantity or building surveying, architectural or construction background
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Ability to write project programmes
- Ability to write tender documentation (finishes schedules and scope of works)
- Project or site based experience (residential or commercial building)
- Familiarity with project scheduling
- IT literacy – Excel & Word
- CAD, technical drawing or drawing software skills (eg Google SketchUp)
- Work on specific residential sector properties eg luxury residential, special needs adapted, sustainable technology builds
- Experience of project values to £1 million
- Previous experience of Contract Administration
- Familiarity with JCT family of construction contracts or similar (NEC / FMB)
- MS Project
- Some ability in photography
- CSCS card
- Membership of a construction profession related association (eg CIOB, RICS etc)
Personal Attributes :-
- Team player
- Commitment to the highest levels of customer service
- Pursues excellence
- Committed to project delivery
- Strong ability to communicate with clients, colleagues and business associates.
This role requires the ability to perform a wide range of diverse project tasks. Based from home, you will be expected to visit client sites for weekly progress inspections and attend the office in Rickmansworth as and when required to do so.
Specific jobs tasks will include :-
- Attend design stage Client meetings to discuss design detail of project and agreeing specification
- Completing, submitting and / or clearing Planning and Building regulations applications where required
- In conjunction with the commercial team and or client / designer prepare documentation for competitive tender including Scope of Works and Finishes Schedules
- In conjunction with the commercial team identifying, auditing and reference checking appropriate potential trade and specialist suppliers to the project
- Compiling and presentation of pricing for Client
- Visits to Client site for weekly meetings, progress inspections and valuations
- Collation and resolution of queries from Client and parties appointed to the project
- Production of weekly project reports (including photographing weekly build changes)
- Researching products / building technologies online
Hours & Conditions
Standard working hours will be 8am – 5.00pm Mon to Fri with a 1 hour daily lunch break.
As client or supplier meetings may require time to be worked in evenings or weekends, time will be given off in lieu.
Probationary period : 6 months – during this time either party may give 2 weeks notice. After the applicant has successfully completed their probationary period, the notice period required rises to 1 month.
Holiday : 25 days holiday (plus all statutory public holidays) per year are offered. Depending upon how the Christmas holiday falls, several days must be utilised for closure between Christmas and New Year.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Get in touch
At CLPM we always aim to deliver a bespoke service, tailored to the individual situation of our clients. If you are looking for a construction project management company to give you advice and support with your building project we’d welcome the opportunity to have a chat.