Events and Career Opportunities
Construction project Management company
As a construction project management company covering London and the South of England, we’re often out and about meeting and talking with other industry specialists and potential clients.
We attend Grand Designs Live and Build It Live as project management experts. We give talks on the best way to keep your building project on schedule or project manage your self-build at places like the National Self Build & Renovation Centre in Swindon. We lecture at workshops on building sustainability into your construction designs, green energy and renewables, energy efficiency and how to cut your home’s future running costs. We’re also frequently asked to give construction cost advice on topics such as how to control your building project spend and cut construction costs.
Here’s details of what we have planned over the coming months. Why not come along and meet us for a chat? :
Meet CLPM at the NSBRC’s Eco Workshops
CLPM will be attending the next National Self Build and Renovation Centre Eco Workshops in Swindon on Saturday 23rd June 2018. This day will look at all the elements to consider when looking to build a high performance home, or a property that is built using natural materials. It will also cover the role that the self builder plays in the construction process. Whether this involves self project managing, package managing or using sub contractors. The workshop will address the relative merits and drawbacks of each route. You will find out how to package all these things together to make sure that you end up with the home that delivers according to your original design brief, budget and future living expectations.
If you’re a self builder interested in building a new home, or planning to carry out a major building project on your existing home, then this is a useful place to gather information. Charlie Laing will be there to chat to – we hope to see you there!
CLPM Project Management Experts at Build It Live
As a UK leading construction project management company, CLPM attend all three regional Build It Live! shows as their project management experts. The shows are over now for 2018 but we will be there again in 2019. If you’re planning a self build then check out their website builditlive.co.uk and pop the dates in your diary. We hope to meet you there!
CLPM Experts at Ideal Home Show
The Ideal Home Show at London Olympia is a great day out, and there’s plenty to do and see for the whole family.
If you’re planning a building project it’s a useful day out too with hundreds of displays and lots of different suppliers to meet and talk to. We were there in March this year and are hoping to be there again next year – we’ll confirm details nearer the time but it’s worth putting in your diary now. The show runs from 22nd March to 7th April 2019.
CLPM Project Management Experts at Grand Designs Live
Visiting Grand Designs Live, is an opportunity to see all the latest trends for the home. Based on the Channel 4 TV series presented by Kevin McCloud, Grand Designs Live has hundreds of exhibitors, and will give you plenty of ideas and inspiration for your very own Grand Design.
CLPM have attended Grand Designs Live in the Ask an Expert area as construction project management experts for several years now, and we really enjoy meeting the dozens of self builders and homeowners who book a slot to chat with us.
The next shows are from the 10th to 14th October at Birmingham’s NEC.
Tickets are already on sale and we hope to see you there!
As a successful, growing construction project management company we’re always interested in recruiting the best construction project managers, quantity surveyors and energy efficiency experts. If you’re ambitious, enjoy a challenge and think you’ve got the personal and organisational skills to succeed at CLPM then why not get in touch? Send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
As an experienced Quantity Surveyor or Estimator, it is expected that you will be involved with supporting the commercial requirements of the Directors, the Commercial Manager and may be required to support and mentor less experienced team members.
You are likely to have managed both internal teams and the relationships with external suppliers, the valuation & payment process with clients and subcontractors and be used to supporting a team with JCT contractual matters.
This role includes performing a wide range of tasks including helping prepare budgets (and supporting other team members doing so), tendering, contract preparation, Contract Administration including providing cost for variations, raising certification, completion of final accounts and the accompanying administrative support to other CLPM team members. The work will be mostly based from offices currently in Rickmansworth but the motivation and self-discipline to work remotely from home and visit site is essential.
• Preparation of Budgets
• Process management of budgets to external agencies
• Preparing construction cost documentation (tender packs, and financial reports)
• When requested to do so, attending site to meet clients / contractors with the Project Manager
• Work with the Project Managers and clients in the valuation / payment process, assessing Applications for Payment and providing Payments Certificate to contractors and clients
• Agree and prepare final account documentation for approval by the Project Manager or Managing Director
• Tender analysis and reporting
• Checking pricing and negotiating with suppliers and contractors
• Ensure the contract procurement, valuation and final account processes are administered in a timely & effective manner
• Review contract agreements and provide feedback on performance
• Manage the resolution of disputes above an agreed level
• Ensure that the projects adhere to the financial rules of reporting
• Early identification of commercial risk and the ability to produce a robust mitigation strategy
• Attend project meetings as required
Skills and Experience
• Approximately 5 years + experience as a Quantity Surveyor or Estimator in a consultancy or with a main contractor or residential home builder.
• Strong commercial awareness and a focus on results
• Appropriate technical, legal and commercial knowledge (strong knowledge of JCT suite of contracts)
• Strong attention to detail and production of accurate work
• Excellent communicator of information and ideas. Proactive sharer of knowledge in a way which is received positively
• Effective time management and advanced Excel skills capable of linking spreadsheets, graphical reports, lookup formulae and analysis
• Full or partial RICS qualification
• UK / EU Driving Licence
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Development Manager
Are you an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and experienced sales and marketing specialist, ideally with at least 3 years working within a professional services organisation?
CLPM are a rapidly expanding construction cost and project management consultancy. We help clients get the best experience and best build outcome for their home and commercial projects by providing a range of services to help them save time, money and stress. CLPM bring the principals and processes that are used in large scale construction to smaller projects ranging between £150,000 to £10 million.
Whilst CLPM is experiencing unprecedented levels of growth, this role is integral to the development of the company’s evolving marketing strategy. A multi-channel approach and an understanding of the importance of KPI’s is critical as is the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple requests at once.
The successful Business Development Manager will be responsible for working with the Marketing Manager to:-
• Develop, design and implement marketing and communications activities, including digital and traditional channels for private client business (B2C) as well as projects for growing the company’s B2B opportunities
• Implement an annual strategy and evolve the annual marketing activity diary
• Research and implement highly targeted local annual marketing campaigns to boost demand by PM geographical areas
• Build strong relationships with existing B2C & B2B media channels and seek increased company exposure through press and PR opportunities
• Monitor and respond to press / media requests
• Research and collate data for specific marketing campaigns for targeted audiences
• Collaborate with other external providers including graphic designers, PR agencies and technical specialists such as PPC and SEO organisations
• Run end-to-end marketing campaigns utilising email, social, website, digital and direct mail.
• Review all campaign activity, providing results, clear highlights, learnings and best practice for onward communication to the Marketing Manager & Directors.
• Ensure all campaigns and activity have clear data targets.
• Review both on and offline communications to ensure all campaign content is on brand and appears across all platforms and delivery vehicles.
• Review and evolve a clear digital strategy including proactive content updates on the website and engaging social content to gain new ‘fans’
• Provide support for events, conferences and exhibitions as required. Occasional attendance and overnight stays at events may be required.
• Researching new useful possible connections via LinkedIn
• Competitor analysis including researching companies similar to CPML on Facebook to see how these organisations use Facebook for business purposes and proposing a possible Facebook for business strategy
• Researching and assessing building based web forums to see how these might they be useful sources for information / data for CPML
• Production of monthly reports & quarterly plans as required
• Excellent copywriting and quantitative analysis skills
• Experience of running targeted multichannel campaigns
• Ability to work with external specialist agencies and develop relationships with media channels
• Development of existing content to engage in new campaigns with former and current customers
• Prior experience in website optimisation, content marketing as well as the use of analytics.
• Familiarity with WordPress.
• Strong Excel & PowerPoint skills
• Ability to identify potential new markets and suggest ‘entry to market’ strategies
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Vacancies for Construction Project Managers
CLPM are a growing company, and we are currently looking to recruit additional construction project managers to join our team. We’re interested in hearing from project management professionals who can help support our clients in areas including Suffolk, Norfolk, Hampshire, Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire.
Essential Skills – Personal:-
- Driver with no more than 3 penalty points / own car
- Able to cover project sites within a defined geographic location
- Health & Safety on site awareness
- Experience of liaising with local Planning Authorities
- Experience of managing projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Good attention to detail, well organised
- Strong communication skills with a good ability on the phone
- Strong written English ability and a high level of numeracy
- Ability to build strong business relationships with clients, suppliers and trades
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Must have flexibility to work outside of normal working hours if required to do so (some client meetings are evenings or weekends)
Essential Skills – Technical:-
- Engineering, quantity or building surveying, architectural or construction background
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Ability to write project programmes
- Ability to write tender documentation (finishes schedules and scope of works)
- Project or site based experience (residential or commercial building)
- Familiarity with project scheduling
- IT literacy – Excel & Word
- CAD, technical drawing or drawing software skills (eg Google SketchUp)
- Work on specific residential sector properties eg luxury residential, special needs adapted, sustainable technology builds
- Experience of project values to £1 million
- Previous experience of Contract Administration
- Familiarity with JCT family of construction contracts or similar (NEC / FMB)
- MS Project
- Some ability in photography
- CSCS card
- Membership of a construction profession related association (eg CIOB, RICS etc)
Personal Attributes :-
- Team player
- Commitment to the highest levels of customer service
- Pursues excellence
- Committed to project delivery
- Strong ability to communicate with clients, colleagues and business associates.
This role requires the ability to perform a wide range of diverse project tasks. Based from home, you will be expected to visit client sites for weekly progress inspections and attend the office in Rickmansworth as and when required to do so.
Specific jobs tasks will include :-
- Attend design stage Client meetings to discuss design detail of project and agreeing specification
- Completing, submitting and / or clearing Planning and Building regulations applications where required
- In conjunction with the commercial team and or client / designer prepare documentation for competitive tender including Scope of Works and Finishes Schedules
- In conjunction with the commercial team identifying, auditing and reference checking appropriate potential trade and specialist suppliers to the project
- Compiling and presentation of pricing for Client
- Visits to Client site for weekly meetings, progress inspections and valuations
- Collation and resolution of queries from Client and parties appointed to the project
- Production of weekly project reports (including photographing weekly build changes)
- Researching products / building technologies online
Hours & Conditions
Standard working hours will be 8am – 5.00pm Mon to Fri with a 1 hour daily lunch break.
As client or supplier meetings may require time to be worked in evenings or weekends, time will be given off in lieu.
Probationary period : 6 months – during this time either party may give 2 weeks notice. After the applicant has successfully completed their probationary period, the notice period required rises to 1 month.
Holiday : 25 days holiday (plus all statutory public holidays) per year are offered. Depending upon how the Christmas holiday falls, several days must be utilised for closure between Christmas and New Year.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in touch
At CLPM we always aim to deliver a bespoke service, tailored to the individual situation of our clients. If you are looking for a construction project management company to give you advice and support with your building project we’d welcome the opportunity to have a chat.