Construction Project Management Company
Construction project Management company
As a construction project management company covering London and the South of England, we’re often out and about meeting and talking with other industry specialists and potential clients.
We attend Grand Designs Live and Build It Live as project management experts. We give talks on the best way to keep your building project on schedule or project manage your self-build at places like the National Self Build & Renovation Centre in Swindon. We lecture at workshops on building sustainability into your construction designs, green energy and renewables, energy efficiency and how to cut your home’s future running costs. We’re also frequently asked to give construction cost advice on topics such as how to control your building project spend and cut construction costs.
Here’s details of what we have planned over the coming months. Why not come along and meet us for a chat? :
Meet CLPM at the NSBRC Big Green Home Show
The Big Green Home Show runs from Friday October 6th to Sunday October 8th 2017 at the NSBRC in Swindon. If you’re interested in making your home more comfortable and energy efficient, or building a new eco-home from scratch, then why not come along. James Bryden, our MD, plus CLPM construction project managers Karim Malhame and Rob Bohm will all be at the show. We hope to see you there!
CLPM Project Management Experts at Build It Live
As a UK leading construction project management company, CLPM attended all three Build It Live! shows this year as their project management experts. The next shows are happening in February and June 2018 – so If you’re planning a self build then check out their website and pop the dates in your diary. We hope to meet you there!
CLPM to Present One Day Project Management Courses at NSBRC
CLPM at Grand Designs Live Birmingham NEC
The next Grand Designs Show CLPM will be attending as Project Management Experts is at the NEC from Wednesday 11th to Sunday 15th October 2017. Our MD, James Bryden, plus CLPM construction project managers Alistair Stewart, Rob Bohm and Karim Malhame will all be there to offer FREE construction and project management advice.
The appointments calendar will open soon, and slots can be booked via the Grand Designs Live website. If you’re planning your own Grand Design then why not come along – we look forward to meeting you there!
CLPM to Present Workshops at Selfbuild Bootcamp
The Selfbuild Bootcamp workshops run on Saturday October 14th 2017 at the NEC.
James Bryden, Managing Director of CLPM, will be presenting both in the morning and the afternoon sessions, along with a number of other self-build industry experts. The workshops are aimed at homeowners looking to build a new house or carry out a major home renovation project. There will also be an opportunity to meet the experts and network with other potential self builders.
Places are limited so it is wise to book now!
As a successful, growing construction project management company we’re always interested in recruiting the best construction project managers, quantity surveyors and energy efficiency experts. If you’re ambitious, enjoy a challenge and think you’ve got the personal and organisational skills to succeed at CLPM then why not get in touch? Send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Associate Project Manager
Essential Personal Skills
- Driver with no more than 3 penalty points / own car and able to cover project sites within a defined geographic location with health & Safety on-site awareness
- Good attention to detail, well organised with strong communication skills, a good ability on the phone with strong written English ability
- High level of numeracy, ability to work to strict deadlines and potential to build strong business relationships with clients, suppliers and trades
- Must have flexibility to work outside of normal working hours if required to do so (some client meetings are evenings or weekends)
Essential Technical Skills
- Engineering, quantity or building surveying, architectural, construction or real estate background
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Ideally some project or site based experience (residential or commercial building)
- IT literacy – Excel & Word
Desirable Technical Skills
- CAD, technical drawing or drawing software skills (eg Google SketchUp)
- Work on specific residential sector properties eg luxury residential, special needs adapted, sustainable technology builds
- Some knowledge of JCT family of construction contracts or similar (NEC / FMB)
- Experience of liaising with local Planning Authorities
- Experience of working on projects involving multiple stakeholders
- MS Project or similar PM tool
- Membership of a construction profession related association (eg CIOB, RICS etc)
- Team player with commitment to the highest levels of customer service
- Pursues excellence and committed to project delivery
- Strong ability to communicate with clients, colleagues and business associates.
This role requires the ability to perform a wide range of diverse project related tasks. The role will primarily be based from your home location and you will be working in a support capacity to a senior field based project manager, visiting client sites for weekly progress inspections. Specific jobs tasks will include :
- Visits to Client site for weekly meetings, progress inspections and valuations
- Collation and resolution of queries from Client and parties appointed to the project
- Production of weekly project reports (including photographing weekly build changes)
- Supporting the senior project manager in whatever tasks are required
- Updating the CLPM online project management tools and feeding pertinent information back to the office based team
- Attending the offices based in Hertfordshire as and when required to do so
- Researching products / building technologies online
Hours and Conditions
Standard working hours will be 8.30am – 5.30pm Mon to Thurs and 8.30am – 4.30pm Fri with a 1 hour daily lunch break. As client or supplier meetings may require time to be worked in evenings or weekends, time will be given off in lieu.
6 months – during this time either party may give 1 weeks notice. After the applicant has successfully completed their probationary period, the notice period required rises to 1 month.
25 days holiday (plus all statutory public holidays) per year are offered. Depending upon how the Christmas holiday falls, several days must be utilised for closure between Christmas and New Year.
Salary will be based on experience but likely to start in the region of £20k – £22k. All fuel expenses are paid for at the HMRC rate of £0.45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles of travel per year.
March 22nd 2017
Get in touch
At CLPM we always aim to deliver a bespoke service, tailored to the individual situation of our clients. If you are looking for a construction project management company to give you advice and support with your building project we’d welcome the opportunity to have a chat.